VAHA leads the process of the establishment of UHC Alliance in Cameroon
The UHC workshop was a two-day event that brought together health care workers, Civil society organizations and media organs throughout the national triangle to brainstorm on issues that will help improve on the primary health care services in Cameroon. This workshop took place in Yaoundé at Hotel Deputes. The aim of this workshop was; to create a Universal Health Coverage Alliance (UHCA) in Cameroon and also to develop a framework for collaboration between health care service providers enhance which will help enhance access to primary Health care in conflict zones and the North West region. At the end of this workshop, it is expected that: the National UHCA created should be capable of adapting and fostering the UHC agenda as per Cameroon’s context, participants should produce the first-ever Joint statement of the alliance calling on the Government to keep their promise on improving primary Health care service delivery in Cameroon and finally produce a multisectoral and multidisciplinary coordination framework to facilitate joint advocacy on the UHCA agenda.
• To form a UHC alliance in Cameroon capable of enhancing equity in health service delivery and fostering the health for all agenda.
• To develop a framework for collaboration between health care providers to enhance access to primary health care in the North West Region and other conflict zones.
• A National UHC alliance capable of fostering the UHC agenda tailored to Cameroon’s context.
• A multisectoral and multi-disciplinary coordination framework to facilitate joint advocacy on the UHC agenda.
• A first joint statement from alliance calling on the government to keep their promise.